- [Travel Diary] Europe 2018 | 1. Amsterdam
- [Travel Diary] Europe 2018 | 2. Zaanse Schans
- [Travel Diary] Europe 2018 | 3. Giethoorn
- [Travel Diary] Europe 2018 | 4. Brügge
- [Travel Diary] Europe 2018 | 5. Brügge
- [Travel Diary] Europe 2018 | 6. Brussels
- [Travel Diary] Europe 2018 | 7. Lisbon
- [Travel Diary] Europe 2018 | 8. Lisbon (Feira da Ladra – Cabo da Roca – Cascais)
- [Travel Diary] Europe 2018 | 9. Belem, Lisbon
- [Travel Diary] Europe 2018 | 10. Lisbon
- [Travel Diary] Europe 2018 | 11. Lisbon (Cacilhas – Cristo Rei)
It’s my birthday! This year’s birthday has had every reason to be celebrated.
We woke up quite early in the morning, did some final pack-up, and set out for Brügge! Amsterdam was good, but we’d be more appreciative if the wind could be a little kinder to us. We hoped for better weather in Belgium (it really wasn’t any better).
The journey took around 3 hours (mind you that Billy can be such a safe driver). Nothing much excited us along the highway: the landscape appeared to be quite saddening in this season (awkward), with branches having no leaves, and field having no grass. Some residential and industrial areas scattered randomly. The best view was definitely the wind turbines lining up majestically. After all, it’s the land of wind.
Brügge was wonderful. We parked our car at a parking garage just outside the main train station and checked in our room right on top of the garage. The parking rate was insignificant, €3.50 a day, we considered it a good deal. Moreover, by using this parking garage, all the passengers in the vehicle will enjoy free shuttle bus service to the old town of Brügge! How can we resist? We began thinking that Brügge was definitely more tourist-friendly.
We leisurely explored this capital of West Flanders, which is distinguished by its many canals (we did a canal cruise too!), cobbled streets and medieval buildings. Everything came naturally harmonious and every corner was picturesque.
Later in the evening, the hubby bought me an awesome birthday dinner which he had been secretly arranging since months ago! The seafood meal was a pleasant surprise and I could still feel the freshness lingering in my soul.
To this slow-paced medieval marvel, cheers and what a wonderful birthday!
Disclaimer: Travel diaries are our first records of any trip. We write them after each day of our trip. Information might vary from time to time.